FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT WEDDINGS
(Prices subject to change. Please call office for availability and most up to date prices.)
- How many people does Ascension seat? The Church will comfortably seat 350 – 400 guests.
- Do I have to be a member of Ascension to be married there? Yes, you typically do need to be a member, or related to a member. If you are not a member, one has to get approval from the Rector, and the Wedding fees are substantially higher.
- Does Ascension require pre-marital counseling? Yes, every couple must meet with the Rector for counseling before the wedding. Or certify that they have undergone pre-marital counseling through another church program, that Rector reviews.
- Do I have to use Ascension’s Wedding Facilitator? Yes, although outside wedding coordinators are welcome, all procedures of the rehearsal and wedding are under the sole direction of the Rector and Ascension’s Wedding Facilitator. The church’s Facilitator will help you understand the church’s policies and procedures.
- How far in advance may I schedule my wedding? Weddings must be scheduled at least ninety (90) days in advance but they may be scheduled as early as a year in advance.
- How much does it cost to be married at Ascension? Please contact the church via email, firstname.lastname@example.org, for a complete understanding of any and all fees associated with a wedding and/or reception.
- Can I have my reception at the church too? Yes, the Parish Hall is available for rental. The Fire Marshall allows 239 guests in the building. The rental fees are available at the Wedding Policies and Procedures link.
- Are weddings scheduled on holidays? We typically do not schedule weddings during Lent and never during Holy Week, nor on Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day nor New Year’s Day.